Join Our Team!
We're always looking for great people to join us in delivering the best automotive services around in a professional but family-like atmosphere!
The Technician is a key role for Gateway Automotive. You are responsible for performing inspections and recommending diagnosis, repairs and maintenance on customer vehicles. You will drive customer satisfaction by addressing customer concerns completely – and test drive each vehicle after the repair. You will be responsible for completing repairs on time and correctly the first time.
- Inspecting vehicles thoroughly to find cause and extent of current failures as well as other potential issues likely to be faced soon.
- Assist Lube Techs and Apprentice Techs in properly inspecting vehicles with Oil Changes or Annual Maintenance Inspections.
- Utilize Digital Vehicle Inspections to document your diagnosis and communicate inspection results with Service Director.
- Once authorized, repair or maintain the vehicle to manufacturer and company standards, and within the described timeframe determined by you and the Service Director.
- Diagnosing, repairing or maintaining customer vehicles in a manner as to meet personal production goals and assist in meeting the production goals of the company.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the customer’s vehicle and the cleanliness of your work area and the shop.
- Test drive vehicles before and after the repair.
- Purchase, maintain and upgrade your personal tools necessary to perform your duties.
- Maintain and safeguard the company’s tools and equipment used to perform your duties.
- Continue your education and training to be equipped to perform all technician duties now and in the future.
Must have and maintain a Driver’s license in good standing.
Must have current technician skillset
Must have proficiency in reading and analyzing scan tool data
Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
Must have problem solving ability
Must have excellent people & communication skills
Must be mature, flexible, self-motivated
Must have good mobility and dexterity and be able to stand or sit for long periods of time and must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Paid vacation and holidays
Family medical leave
Associate discount program
Healthcare – medical, dental, vision
Training and certification reimbursements
About our Shop
We are a growing, thriving family-oriented auto repair company that is respected in the community and is passionate about customer relationships. We are highly productive and committed to professional development. We have happy, promoter, repeat customers. Our expanding 3-shop company is ideal for a growth-oriented technician.